Friday, November 21, 2008

Search, Study and Ponder ... and Pray

Interesting things I learned today:

"Rather than striving for superiority and feeling satisfaction when you have surpassed another person, seek a personal best."

"Dont just pull off the top of the weed. You have to get it out by the roots, or we'll be right back here next week pulling out the same weed."

A concept that I found interesting and confusing today was about criticism it says: "we call it "constructive criticism.: "oh, it's just meant to help the other person," you think. but if you know that any part of what you are saying could be damaging, it is better left unsaid.
I do this alot being in cosmetology school and girls that are just learning skills do things to me. for example we have nail classes and when someone is doing mine I am super picky because I want them to look good. So I tend to try and show them how to do it another way that may be easier. I think that I probably should try not to use constructive criticism so much.

No comments: